ALL CONTINUING EDUCATION/CORE CLASSES ARE DUE NO LATER THAN MAY 31 OF EACH YEAR.
To renew a license in June, a licensee must have earned the required CE from July 1st of the previous year through May 31st of the renewal year. A Principal Auctioneer, Nonresident Principal Auctioneer, Apprentice, Nonresident Apprentice, and Auction House Operator reports six hours.
Licensees exempt from reporting continuing education in Kentucky for the renewal are:
- An individual who has a Kentucky license originally issued before 1980. These licensees are grandfathered in.
- An individual who only has a Limited Livestock Auctioneer License. These licensees are only due Core every 4 years.
- An individual whose license is in escrow.
- An individual who passed an exam between July 1st and June 30th and is issued an initial license or an apprentice who passed an exam between July 1st and June 30th and is issued an initial principal license.
- A licensee that has been licensed for 25 years continuously still has to take continuing education every year but no longer has to take the Core education course.
Since the Kentucky Board of Auctioneers recognizes the CE requirement of the home jurisdiction of a reciprocal auctioneer, the requirement to renew a reciprocal license is submission of the renewal form and fee and a copy of the license or pocket card from the home jurisdiction. If the home jurisdiction does not require CE, the Kentucky reciprocal licensee must also meet Kentucky's continuing education requirement by earning six hours of continuing education from July 1 of the previous year through May 31 of the current year, and sending proof of completion to KBA.
If continuing education hours have not been completed by May 31, there are two options for reinstatement of license:
- Successfully complete the examination OR
- Include a $300 CE penalty fee with the renewal fee and CE hours are doubled for the next renewal.
Licensees who earn continuing education credit may submit a copy of proof of attendance or a completion document by email to email@example.com.
Education schedules provided to the Board: Core-CE schedule.pdf
The Kentucky Board of Auctioneers has approved auction-related courses of the following groups for continuing education requirements:
- Professional Ringmen's Institute - Rogersville, MO - 417-753-7653 Professional Ringmen's Institute
- Kentucky Auction Academy - Bowling Green, KY - 270-780-9513 Kentucky Auction Academy
- Kentucky Auctioneers Association - 270-551-2113 Kentucky Auctioneers Association
- The National Auctioneers Association - 913-541-8084 National Auctioneers Association
- The Ohio Auction School - Groveport, OH - 800-947-9118 Ohio Auction School
- Nashville Auction School - Clarksville, TN - 865-800-0930 Nashville Auction School
- Reppert School of Auctioneering - Indianapolis, IN - 317-300-1075 Reppert School of Auctioneering
- All Star Training, Inc. - All Star Training, Inc. - Abilene, TX - 817-385-1136 All Star Training
- Cornerstone-edu - 888-449-3450 Cornerstone-edu
- World Wide College of Auctioneering - Mason City, IA 641-423-5242 World Wide College of Auctioneering
- Certified Auctioneers Institute - 913-541-8084 Certified Auctioneers Institute
- At Home Prep - 800-952-0910 athomeprep
- Kentucky Auction Educators, LLC - 270-378-1108, 502-905-7923 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southeastern School of Auctioneering – Pelzer, SC - 864-864-1321, 864-444-1231 https://www.ssauctioneering.com/
- Dennis Badger & Associates, Inc. 877-463-3323 http://www.dennisbadger.com/store/page2.html
- Auctioneer University - Online Auctions 101 Auctioneer U – Tomorrow's Auction Education, TODAY
Kentucky Auction Core Course
The Kentucky Board of Auctioneers requires licensees to complete a six-hour board-approved auction law core course once every four years to renew their license. The purpose of the Core Course is to assure that all licensees receive training in Kentucky auction law. Licensees with at least 25 years of continuous licensure shall be exempt from this requirement but not from the regular continuing education every year. The auction Core Course will count as your CE for your scheduled year and must be completed between July 1st of the previous year and May 31st of your scheduled year. The schedule for the Core Course is based on licensee birthdates.
|January, February, March
|April, May, June</td>
|July, August, September
|October, November, December
The Kentucky Auction Core Course providers approved by The Kentucky Board of Auctioneers