remitted fees must be in the form of a check or money order made payable to the Kentucky State Treasurer. For security purposes, cash is not accepted. Specified fees are current through 12/31/2019.
Licensee needs to mail the KBA 3 LICENSE STATUS INFO UPDATE FORM.pdf when change occurs of a business or home address within ten (10) days of such change along with the $15 fee. An apprentice's business address will be processed only if the Principal Auctioneer has previously submitted the principal's business address change.
Apprentice Changing Principal Auctioneer
The apprentice mails in the KBA 3 LICENSE STATUS INFO UPDATE FORM.pdf and an acceptance letter from his/her new Principal along with the $15 fee.
Licensee mails in a KBA 3 LICENSE STATUS INFO UPDATE FORM.pdf for a replacement license along with the $15 fee.
To escrow a license, the individual submits a KBA 3 LICENSE STATUS INFO UPDATE FORM.pdf to the Kentucky Board. When a license is in escrow, the licensee is considered inactive and may not perform any of the duties associated with a license issued by the Kentucky Board of Auctioneers.
The licensee is exempt from reporting continuing education to renew the escrowed license. The renewal fee will reflect the fee for an active license renewal less the amount designated for the Recovery Fund.
To reactivate a license, the following must be submitted:
- Proof of completion of the six hour auction core course for a Principal Auctioneer, Apprentice or Auction House Operator taken within the last 30 days, and an FBI criminal background check that is less than 90 days old..
- A $125 reactivation fee.
- The renewal recovery fee of $30.
- The KBA 3 LICENSE STATUS INFO UPDATE FORM.pdf, including a business address and business telephone number. Apprentice auctioneers must also submit a written acceptance letter from a principal auctioneer.
If an active licensee has not renewed before July 1, he/she may not place a license in escrow to avoid cancellation due to failure to attain the required continuing education hours.
License Certification / Letter of Good Standing
Another state or jurisdiction may require a Kentucky licensee to include a letter of good standing or license certification with a reciprocal license application. To comply, submit a KBA 3 LICENSE STATUS INFO UPDATE FORM.pdf identifying the state where it is to be mailed along with a $5 fee submitted to the Kentucky Board of Auctioneers.
Upon notification from the Board of successful completion of the examination, the applicant shall within forty-five (45) days, submit the KBA 1 LICENSE APPLICATION FORM.pdf , an FBI criminal background check that is less than 90 days old and remit to the Board the initial licensure fee:
- Principal auctioneer applicants who have a current apprentice auctioneer license = $125
- Principal auctioneer applicants who are not currently licensed as an Apprentice Auctioneer = $155 ($125 license fee + $30 recovery fund fee)
- Apprentice Auctioneers, Auction House Operators, or Livestock Auctioneers = $155 ($125 license fee + $30 recovery fund fee)
Reciprocal Initial License
The applicant submits theKBA 1 LICENSE APPLICATION FORM.pdf with a photo, a letter of good standing or license certification from the reciprocal state, FBI criminal background check that is less than 90 days old and applicable fees to the Kentucky Board of Auctioneers.