To renew a license in June, a licensee must have earned the required CE from July 1st of the previous year through June 30th of the renewal year. A Principal Auctioneer, Nonresident
Principal Auctioneer, Apprentice, Nonresident Apprentice, and Auction House Operator reports six hours.
Licensees exempt from reporting continuing education in Kentucky for June 2014 renewal are: 1) an individual who has a Kentucky license originally issued before 1980, 2) an individual who only has a Limited Livestock Auctioneer License, 3) an individual whose license is in escrow, 4) an individual who passed an exam between July 1 2013 and June 30 2014 and is issued an initial license or an apprentice who passed an exam between July 1 2013 and June 30 2014 and is issued an initial principal license.
Since the Kentucky Board of Auctioneers recognizes the CE requirement of the home jurisdiction of a reciprocal auctioneer, the requirement to renew a reciprocal license is submission of the renewal form and fee and a copy of the license or pocket card from the home jurisdiction. If the home jurisdiction does not require CE, the Kentucky reciprocal licensee must also meet Kentucky's continuing education requirement by earning six hours of continuing education from July 1 of the previous year through June 30 of the current year, and sending proof of completion to KBA.
If continuing education hours have not been completed by June 30th, there are two options for reinstatement of license: 1)Successfully complete the examination OR 2)Include a $300 CE penalty fee with the renewal fee and CE hours are doubled for the next renewal.
Licensees who earn continuing education credit should submit a copy of proof of attendance or a completion document by fax to (502)429-7147 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the Board office. Education schedules provided to the Board CE - Core Schedules 2014.
The Kentucky Board of Auctioneers has approved the auction related courses of the following groups for continuing education requirements:
1) Professional Ringmen's Institute - Rogersville, MO - 417-753-7653 Professional Ringmen's Institute
2) Kentucky Auction Academy - Bowling Green, KY - 270-780-9513 Kentucky Auction Academy
3) Kentucky Auctioneers Association - 270-904-6902 Kentucky Auctioneers Association
4) The National Auctioneers Association - 913-541-8084 National Auctioneers Association
5) The Ohio Auction School - Groveport, OH - 800-947-9118 Ohio Auction School
6) Nashville Auction School - Tullahoma, TN - 800-543-7061 Nashville Auction School
7) Reppert School of Auctioneering - Indianapolis, IN - 317-300-1075 Reppert School of Auctioneering
8) Associated Auctioneers of America Inc. - WV - 304-895-3640 Associated Auctioneers of America
9) All Star Training, Inc. - Grand Prairie, TX - 817-385-1136 All Star Training
10) Indiana College of Auctioneers - Scipio, IN - 812-392-2072 Indiana College of Auctioneers
11) World Wide College of Auctioneering - Mason City, IA 641-423-5242 World Wide College of Auctioneering
12) Certified Auctioneers Institute - 913-541-8084 Certified Auctioneers Institute
The Kentucky Board of Auctioneers requires licensees to complete a 6 hour board-approved auction law core course once every 4 years to renew their license beginning with the 2013 renewal year.
The purpose of the Core Course is to assure that all licensees receive training in Kentucky auction law. Licensees licensed prior to 1980 that are exempt from the annual
continuing education requirement are not exempt from the Core Course requirement. The auction Core Course will count as your CE for your scheduled year and must be completed between July 1st of the previous year and June 30th of your scheduled year.
The schedule for the Core Course is based on licensee birthdates. If you were born
April, May or June then you are required to take the Core Course to renew your license in 2014. Education schedules provided to the Board CE - Core Schedules 2014.
Birthmonth Renewal Year
January, February, March 2017
April, May, June      2014
July, August, September 2015
October, November, December 2016
The Core Course providers approved by The Kentucky Board of Auctioneers:
1) The Kentucky Auction Academy - 270-780-9513 Kentucky Auction Academy
2) Ward Elliott Institute - 270-991-0612 Ward Elliott Institute
3) Nashville Auction School - 931-393-4735 Nashville Auction School
4) The Ohio Auction School - 614-836-2754 Ohio Auction School
5) A-Pass-Weikel Institute - 502-456-1920 or 859-278-0581 A-Pass-Weikel Institute
6) Kentucky Auctioneers Association - 270-904-6902 Kentucky Auctioneers Association