To renew a license in June, a licensee must have earned the required CE from July 1st of the previous year through June 30th of the renewal year. A Principal Auctioneer, Nonresident
Principal Auctioneer, Apprentice, Nonresident Apprentice, and Auction House Operator reports six hours.
Licensees exempt from reporting continuing education in Kentucky for June 2013 renewal are: 1) an individual who has a Kentucky license originally issued before 1980, 2) an individual who only has a Limited Livestock Auctioneer License, 3) an individual whose license is in escrow, 4) an individual who passed an exam between July 1 2012 and June 30 2013 and is issued an initial license or an apprentice who passed an exam between July 1 2012 and June 30 2013 and is issued an initial principal license.
Since the Kentucky Board of Auctioneers recognizes the CE requirement of the home jurisdiction of a reciprocal auctioneer, the requirement to renew a reciprocal license is submission of the renewal form and fee and a copy of the license or pocket card from the home jurisdiction. If the home jurisdiction does not require CE, the Kentucky reciprocal licensee must also meet Kentucky's continuing education requirement by earning six hours of continuing education from July 1 of the previous year through June 30 of the current year, and sending proof of completion to KBA.
If continuing education hours have not been completed by June 30th, there are two options for reinstatement of license: 1)Successfully complete the examination OR 2)Include a $300 CE penalty fee with the renewal fee and CE hours are doubled for the next renewal.
Licensees who earn continuing education credit should submit a copy of proof of attendance or a completion document by fax to (502)429-7147 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the Board office.
The Kentucky Board of Auctioneers has approved the auction related courses of the following groups for continuing education requirements:
1) Professional Ringmen's Institute - Rogersville, MO 417-753-7653
2) Kentucky Auction Academy - Bowling Green, KY 270-780-9513
3) Kentucky Auctioneers Association - 270-904-6902
4) The NAA Conference & Show - 913-541-8084
5) The Ohio Auction School - Groveport, OH. 800-947-9118
6) Nashville Auction School - Tullahoma, TN 800-543-7061
7) Reppert School of Auctioneering - Indianapolis, IN 317-300-1075
8) Associated Auctioneers of America Inc. - WV 304-895-3640
9) All Star Training, Inc. - Grand Prairie, TX 817-385-1136
10) Indiana College of Auctioneers - Scipio, IN 812-392-2072
11) World Wide College of Auctioneering - Mason City, IA 641-423-5242
The Kentucky Board of Auctioneers requires licensees to complete a 6 hour board-approved auction law core course once every 4 years to renew their license beginning with the 2013 renewal year.
The purpose of the Core Course is to assure that all licensees receive training in Kentucky auction law. Licensees licensed prior to 1980 that are exempt from the annual
continuing education requirement are not exempt from the Core Course requirement. The auction Core Course will count as your CE for your scheduled year and must be completed between July 1st of the previous year and June 30th of your scheduled year.
The schedule for the Core Course is based on licensee birthdates. If you were born
January, February or March then you are required to take the Core Course to renew your license in 2013. The schedule is as follows:
Birthmonth Renewal Year
January, February, March 2013
April, May, June      2014
July, August, September 2015
October, November, December 2016
The Core Course providers approved by The Kentucky Board of Auctioneers:
1) The Kentucky Auction Academy - 270-780-9513
2) Ward Elliott Institute - 270-991-0612
3) Nashville Auction School - 931-393-4735
4) The Ohio Auction School - 614-836-2754
5) A-Pass-Weikel Institute - 502-456-1920 or 859-278-0581
6) Kentucky Auctioneers Association - 270-904-6902